Listen to circus music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Homemade Gifts

I won't lie - I like presents: shopping for them, wrapping them, giving them, but especially getting them. I tell people all year long what they could get me. In fact, I wandered around work one day telling everyone where they could buy me toe-socks for the holidays. (Thank you, by the way, to whoever sneaked those in my box!)
However, the best gifts of this holiday weren't bought or wrapped. They came in the form of simple, authentic expressions of love. My older son, when I asked him to name his favorite teacher ever, said simply, "You, Mom. Because you love me." No shiny package can top that. And so, today, in my own tiny way, I paid it forward. After spending an afternoon in the House that Jerry Built, I watched the Cowboys win their game. The bile rises in my throat just thinking about it, but when I saw the joy on my husband's face, I swallowed it with a smile. Today, his joy is mine, Cowboys or not. Merry Christmas, Honey . . . and Happy Holidays to you all.
(P.S. - GO STEELERS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment