Listen to circus music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 14, 2011

Circus Music

Many years ago, when our family of four was a family of two, we discovered online music sharing with Napster.  I loved the song "Forever Young".  Not the one by Rod Stewart; the other one.  At the time, I was not clear on who that "other" was, exactly, and searching for information online was not quite as seamless as the Google magic of today.  In any event, I was simply desperate to hear this song, so desperate that I was willing to resort to dubious measures.  I started digging, and found not only my song (sung by Alphaville, by the way), but another gift buried in the mountains of insane music:  a shared passion with my husband.  That first night, we spent over six hours looking, listening, talking, and simply enjoying our time together.  Over the years, we have shared endless afternoons and deep nights engrossed in music new and old, although the times have become fewer as other joys and other obligations have absorbed our time. 

Tonight, as the boys clamored over mice trapping (please refer to yesterday's post), my husband and I whiled away the evening populating the playlist for this blog.  We debated over song choices, pored over years of playlists, and picked songs that spoke to us ("Carry on My Wayward Son"), songs that made us laugh ("Justified and Ancient" by the KLF), and songs that are, quite simply, greatness ("Fat Bottomed Girls").  We laughed and talked over each other; we yelled out through the house and put off a whole evening's worth of urgent whatnot, and in the midst of an ordinary evening, we had Date Night.  So tonight instead of a visual, the Circus offers you an audio.  We hope you enjoy our labor of love.  And, if you're interested, we added "Forever Young" by Alphaville. 

1 comment:

  1. THAT's what I forgot to put on my new blog!! My playlist!! I love this version of Forever Young. Reminds me of high school...and makes me feel sort of nostalgic. GREAT songs--I have some Phineas and Ferb ring tones :)

    ReplyDelete