Listen to circus music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Demons

This stack of ungraded papers has stalked me my entire winter holiday. It represents some of the personality gremlins that have followed me all of my life: distractibility, procrastination, and a low threshold for frustration. I spent two weeks trying not to think about them, having a fit of guilt every time I saw the crate. Then I've spent three times as long as necessary grading them because everything else in my house suddenly seems more urgent. To top it off, I have a raging headache from quizzes that keep insisting that sand dissolves and salt floats. (Funny the first time; not so much the fifteenth.)
And so, at the bright, shiny start of a new year, I vow to battle my demons. Anyone experienced in bad habit exorcism, please apply.


1 comment:

  1. I suffer from those demons as well. Blah. Mine include clutter and disorganization, forgetfulness, absentmindedness...wow...could I go on and on?!

    ReplyDelete