Listen to circus music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hurry Up And Wait

My resolution to blog every day held for exactly two days. Inspiring. In any event, I'm jumping back on the wagon as I sit here in yet another waiting room and fill out yet another set of paperwork. Much of what we do in the Circus involves hurry up and wait. "Your child is in crisis - you need to intervene NOW. Oh, and by the way, the waiting list is three months long." "You must put your child on a 15-year waiting list for adult transitional care, and you have only 14 days left to reply before you lose your spot." "We have to decide today what modifications your child will need on a test he will take two and a half years from now."
And so we rush, and then we wait. Today, I'm waiting while my littlest man builds and talks and taps away, all under the appraising eye of yet another professional. When we leave today, we'll wait another 3 to 5 weeks for results, then rush off to the next wait. And it will be worth every minute . . . right?




1 comment:

  1. This waiting room looks very familiar to me! I believe you were at the same place I took Jena to get her MRI. I know all about the hurry up and wait! Sucks!

    ReplyDelete