Listen to circus music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Nemesis

My older son adores this game. He can set up the pieces in about 30 seconds and then send the poor mice to their doom for hours. A child engaged in productive play - sounds like Nirvana, right? Not always. For example, this little gem was only recently returned after a day of time-out. Why? Because someone decided to wake up at an hour most unholy for an early morning mouse hunt. I'm not sure what first awakened me, but I realized exactly what game was afoot when I heard the tiny "plink plink" of a steel marble headed down a zig-zag ramp from across the house. The game didn't start out in his room, mind you; this child, whose idea of whispering can be heard in the house next door, tiptoed through the house and retrieved this game, took it in to his room, and performed the whirlwind setup all without making a whisper of ruckus. When I went to investigate, I was greeted with a chipper, "Hi, Mom! Look at my mousetrap! I got up at 5:02 to make it!" So, after a review of appropriate wake up time (NOT before 6:00 AM, for goodness sake!), we began what was a very long day of listening to an endless litany of, "When do I get back the game, Mom? I promise that I'll get some sleep. Can I play the game if I get up at 5:59? Can I build the trap then get back in the bed? What if . . ."


I think I'm beginning to hate this game.

2 comments:

  1. We just read this. Ed and I just started laughing out loud. Also we took the time to sit & listen to ALL 83 songs and spent time talking about the music. Thanks for allowing us to be part of your family.

    ReplyDelete