Listen to circus music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Ghosts of Christmas Past

These cards are the final echoes of Christmas 2010. Every year the cards linger long after other trappings of the holidays have retreated into the shadows of closets, toy boxes, and attic corners. They shuffle back and forth between table, counter, desk, holding a silent vigil for the Christmas spirit. I find myself in a sort of emotional stand-off between my inner selves: I long to free my counter space of holiday flotsam; yet, I am consumed with guilt for my lack of sentimentality. I resolve to make a scrapbook, a collage, a placemat - anything to stave off that dark desire to trash the whole business. Five years I have resolved, only to succumb on some gloomy day in February when my winter purging instincts overwhelm me. Surely, this year will be different.
And so they sit. . . for now . . . ask me again on March first.




1 comment:

  1. My card hasn't mailed out yet...I miss you old friend!

    ReplyDelete